Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Meet Kathryn!


 
Kathryn is my latest project. She is an approx 18" cloth doll for use in the19th century! I cannot take credit for making her, because my DH did draft her, cut, sew & stuff her! I painted her face, hair and boots. She is primarily for my niece when she comes to events with us, although I must admit, I am having too much fun with her! 
 
So far she has two dresses, one short sleeved dress that matches my nieces! A long sleeve purple dress for better occasions. She also has a pink pinafore, gray wool shawl, wool hood,  two petticoats, and a chemise. She also has a nice quilt for cold nights.  All of her items fit nicely in a basket trunk for travelling.
She has more items in progress, such as a sun bonnet, another pinafore, drawers and maybe even another dress.



I must confess, I have enough dress fabric left to make her a dress that matches one of mine! So she may very well get a "grown up" wardrobe in addition.

No comments:

Post a Comment