Thursday, August 2, 2012

Little Sewing List

So I have convinced my niece to let me make her a wardrobe for 19th Century fun! The event I am planning on her to attend is in October, so there is plenty of time, which is always nice!
So she is about to be 7, and will be by the event (so hard believe!!!). I love making little girl things, full of tucks and little frills, they make me smile! Its like making a dress on the half scale, and so much fun! The last dress I made her was over 3 years ago, it was a very pretty pink plaid with some blue trim, very simple and very pretty, she has now obviously outgrew it!
Pink Dress
I have let her be a part of the process. I pulled out fabric from the stash that I had bought years ago with the intention of making her more little things, but they never went any farther than a nice pile of fabric! Since she is a bit more grown up, I do not have enough fabric to make a dress out of some of the choices, but I gave her the option to choose her pinafore fabric. There were three options, one was a cut off from my favorite work dress (brown with pink flowers), one was leftover pink from her first dress, the other was a green/brown plaid. Can you guess what she chose? The pink plaid! I can't wait to get started on her projects!
So far the lists consists of

  • Pettichemise
  • Tucked petti
  • Drawers
  • Dress
  • Pinafores (maybe 2)
  • Sunbonnet- already started!
Luckily I do not have to buy any fabric for her garments, but I will have to get some white for the unders. I have already started her bonnet, using leftovers from one of my own sun bonnets (we'll match- HOW CUTE!) . I did cord the brim of hers rather than make it a slat, since little ones seem to have issues with slats sticking out in front of them.

Yellow Sunbonnet in progress

No comments:

Post a Comment