Tuesday, September 25, 2012

1812 Dedication & Picnic

Stormi, Taylor & I
This past Saturday was full of memories and laughs! We attended the 1812 Marker Dedication in the Historic Cross Creek Cemetery, four veterans from Fayetteville that served in the War of 1812 were honored.   You can read about the ceremony here: http://fayobserver.com/articles/2012/09/23/1205963
And see pictures here: http://photo.fayobserver.com/?ssid=215&sid=1
DH and I were joined with a great group of friends to enjoy the day with! After the dedication ceremony we headed over to the Fayetteville Area Transportation & Local History Museum to enjoy a picnic. The fare was great! Cold meat, bread, fruit, pickles, tea and lemonade and of coarse great conversation! There were so many memories made on the lawn that it would be impossible to list them all here. However, the skit we performed about the sewing of the flag for Ft. McHenry was perhaps the funniest!
I did leave my camera in the car, so there are not any pictures from the picnic sadly.
I did get to wear my remodeled pink & white gown! The fit had been horrible, so I ripped off the bodice and  cut a new one, this time I made it a drop front (they are just so easy!). The "bib" is done on the bias creating a nice chevron effect. I also wore my new pink linen Spencer & purple bonnet. It was indeed a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment