Friday, May 28, 2010

Gifted

This past weekend I ventured down to Wilmington to have one more fun filled weekend to celebrate graduation!! While there 2 of my greatest living historian friends gifted me with a tintype of myself. We went to Harry Taylor's studio on Market street to get the image made. (http://www.harrytaylorphoto.com/) We met Mr. Taylor this past winter at the event at Fort Anderson and got an image or 2 from him there. However, this was the first image that I had had taken of myself, just me.
I am very pleased with it! The most curious part is how the buttons turned out. They look very dark, however, they are bright yellow glass. Oh the complexities of period photography!
The photo was taken in the green dress that I made earlier this year. I only wish that you could see the sleeve trim a little better, 3 rows of pretty blue soutache!

No comments:

Post a Comment