Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Fort Anderson

This past weekend I participated in the 145th Fort Anderson. It was a gorgeous weekend. The temperatures were in the high 50's low 60's on both Saturday and Sunday. Saturday was spent sewing small things, touring the fort, playing graces and socializing of course! I also got my first tintype made on Saturday. Harry Taylor (http://www.harrytaylorphoto.com/) struck this tintype of part of the group Saturday. We were very pleased with it.
Sunday was spent peeling and cutting vegetables for the chicken soup lunch. Then Church services in the 1700s St. Phillips Church. After church it was the regular explain what we were wearing and answering questions from the "taters".
I wore my new corset this weekend, and it was great!! It is so much more comforatable than my old one. There were a few mishaps with the boning trying to escape through the top of the binding, but I can fix that.

No comments:

Post a Comment