Wednesday, March 21, 2012

147th Bentonville and a New Dress

So I've been farily busy with sewing a new dress, and beyond my belief I did it all by hand (thebodice anyway- the skirt seams were on the machine).


The 147th Bentonville was this past weekend, and it was a blast. This years theme was alla bout field medicine, which included night tours of the Harper House set up in the manner it would have been the night after the battle, full of surgeons, a scared Mr. & Mrs. Harper, and wounded soldiers.



I did not get any pictures of the weekend, despite having my camera. Here I am (middle) with fellow lovers of the hobby.


My dress did turn out well, though by the end of the night it was a soggy, stretched mess. There was just enough moisture in the air to make it start to stretch out, which resulted in a modern-me on Sunday, but I was working anyway :).


Hopefully, I can get some detail shots up soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment