Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A Cozy Place

So we are settling into our apartment. I have managed to unpack most things, except the boxes of craft/sewing/reenacting items that have congregated in the spare room (soon to be sewing room). We now have most things where we like them, with my treadle sewing machine coming soon to join the living room decor! Our living room is a lovely yellow, pale blue and green! I just love yellow!! I love that my living room can greet me with such a cheerful color everyday!
While we don't have much furniture in the house, there are a few prized objects! One is the antique wooden rocking chair that sits in the corner of our living room, it is newly re-finished and reupholstered, but my mother bought it for me almost 4 years ago, right before my brother got hurt, it was supposed to be a Christmas gift that year, but it just got finished. Despite how silly it sounds, everytime I see it, it reminds me of that year, that holiday season when we were all so blessed to still have my brother.
Then there is the china cabinet! Its small, 2 shelves with one open shelf, one drawer, and 2 storage spaces. It belonged to my great-grandmother, and was the one that was in our kitchen when I was growing up. It was given to us shortly before the wedding, now it is filled with our own wedding china! I did find a neat marking on it that no one seemed to know about. When I pulled the drawer out to clean it, I found a Stamp reading my great-grandfathers name and address.
Its so nice to have a house full of small family peices!! I love seeing the stories of our families come together to make the beginning of our own story!

No comments:

Post a Comment