Wednesday, September 1, 2010

BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS!!

Since I'm not in school this semester, I have more time on my hands. I finally get to do some reading for fun and begin scratching some books off of my book list! Here in Fay. we have a fabulous used book store!!! Every now and then Taylor and I drop by and browse the shelves, each of us in our most loved sections, me in history, he in religion. We do spend a few hours in there if we are not careful. Since I tend to spend a pretty penny in the store, we only go about once a month. This past week we racked up again, spending much more than the cost of a tank of gas :) But they were wonderful books that I cannot wait to dive into. Admitting he spent more than i did on the books, mine were only about $20!
My selections were
Women in the Civil War- Mary E Massey
Yankee Women- Elizabeth D Leonard
Sad Earth Sweet Heaven- The Diary of Lucy R Buck
The Diary of Mary Chesnut

I can't wait to get in to these books and see what they have to offer. I have browsed through the Massey book and the Chesnut diary before, but now I have them at my disposal! I am slowly running out of space on the book shelf, it may be time to buy another!

No comments:

Post a Comment