Monday, August 9, 2010

Project on its way!!

With Boonesfield almost a month away, I thought that it was perfect time to get started on the pile of sewing that I have to do. This past week I have almost finished a new sun bonnet, it is a pretty light yellow plaid, pictures to come.

This weekend the dress was begun. The fabric ($1 yrd pink and brown plaid) has been washed and dried along with the lining and hem treatment. This dress is going to be very brown, especially if worn with my apron and work petticoat.

The dress itself is going to have a gauged skirt, a semi-fitted bodice with the fullness pleated down, a little closer to the center front since it is for the 1850s. The center front of the bodice is going to dip a little bit lower than the natural waist. The sleeves are going to fit smoothly into the armsyce with a bias cap, then get fuller to be gathered into a cuff at the wrist. I would like to play around with some self fabric trim if there is enough left to do some pretty details with. This dress is going to be a new adventure for me, as it is an 1850s.However I think that I am ready to take on the challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment