Tuesday, February 15, 2011

New Dress!

Its that time again! With a new fabric stash, and new reenacting season, as well as the beginning of the 150th of the Civil War I have been struck with the urgent need of a new dress (not really, but all of those reasons seems like a good enough excuse to me).
While my new focus is on wedding plans, etc. my time has been limited. I am lucky enough that I can sew at my part time job on Saturdays at Bentonville Battlefield (shamless plug). The dress will be worn for our 146th program, TO ARMS TO ARMS!! The mustering of the Johnston Volunteers.

The dress will be made of the new purple/blue plaid lawn that I got for $4/yrd on the red tag rack at JoAnns( which is where I have found all of my cotton lawn at great prices). It will be typical of a cotton dress, early 1860's. The gauged 4panel skirt, I will pleat down the bodice fullness, it looks so much more tailored that way to me. The sleeve, ahh the sleeve! Medium coat sleeve, with some self-fabric trim, but using the back of the fabric as the trim with a faux-tab look and decorative buttons!

Now, with all of those plans, I need to start.

Happy Sewing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment